Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Operational Excellence (Op-X) equips Arity with the knowledge and tools needed to be strategically and operationally efficient, financially smart, and legally and ethically compliant. The Op-X team partners with teams throughout Arity and Allstate shared services to ensure compliance requirements are effectively implemented and operational risks are managed.
The Operational Excellence Manager develops and oversees strategies to manage risk and compliance throughout Arity. The role is responsible for leading and managing complex projects and working with key stakeholders throughout the organization to achieve risk and compliance goals.
- Manages regulatory compliance and privacy (RC-P) projects across Arity and establishes best practice standards related to regulatory compliance and privacy.
- Lead compliance and privacy assessments with Arity business units, with a focus on regulatory and privacy risk, and provides innovative ideas for managing, monitoring, reporting, and escalation structure.
- Influences and leads the development and implementation of processes, policies, and/or procedures in support of ensuring compliance to standards and regulatory compliance.
- Optimizes Arity processes related to standard regulatory compliance projects; ensures that proper procedures have been followed and drive development of reporting and monitoring of key risk indicators; reports and escalates to leadership as appropriate.
- Assess compliance for organizational-level risks by working with leadership and product managers across the organization to identify process risks and develop appropriate controls.
- Implement medium to large scale regulatory compliance projects.
- Coordinates and communicates complex information and situations in a systematic and concise manner internally among the Operational Excellence team, to business partners, as well as to various levels of leadership.
- Deep understanding of developments in Arity’s regulatory compliance space; consult on impact to the business, with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of regulatory compliance, data privacy, or business assessment experience required, including expertise in state privacy laws
- IAPP CIPP-US and/or SCCE CCEP certification preferred, but not required
- Experienced in leading larger business, compliance, or technology projects
- Recognizes gaps in processes and recommends holistic solutions
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; able to influence and advise leaders in a de-centralized organization
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Uses critical thinking and analytical skills to identify and respond to underlying issues beyond the stated situation
- Quickly discerns potential regulatory compliance risk and responds and escalates appropriately
- Strong business acumen and consulting skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced change management skills
- Delivers personal and project team results with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics and integrity
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
Compensation offered for this role is $100,400.00-$159,575.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment