Licensed Inside Sales Representative (Remote – Home Based Work)
Remote: Home Based Worker
Category: Call Center
Job #: 745386-en_US
Posted Date: February 24, 2023
Entry Level Professional
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
As a full-time Inside Sales Representative, you will:
- Work from home to drive sales growth for the organization by connecting with interested prospective customers via inbound and outbound calls, live chat, SMS, etc.
- Serve as a trusted advisor by uncovering the prospect’s needs, identifying gaps in coverage, recommending solutions, and converting them into customers using a proven sales strategy.
- Utilize your Personal Lines or Property & Casualty Lines license as a professional trusted advisor.
Compensation & Benefits
- Average Earning Potential: $57,000 – $69,280 per year
- $36,400 base pay + monthly performance-based incentive averaging $2k-3k with top performers earning up to $6,600 per month making potential earnings $110,000+*
- Pay differentials may apply for shifts and Spanish/English bilingual
- Paid training for classroom and on-the-phone training from day one of employment
- Licensing assistance and reimbursement of licensing exam and fees upon approval
- Internet reimbursement
- Eligible for Allstate’s full suite of employee benefits from day one including health insurance, pension, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, wellbeing programs and so much more. Visit AllstateGoodLife.com to learn more.
*Incentive based on productivity; incentive payments are not guaranteed and are governed by the terms of the applicable commission plan which is subject to change at Allstate’s discretion
Earn $3,000.00 in a Sign-on Bonus for successfully completing your licensing requirements prior to hire
- External Applicants – Bring your license, or use the Allstate provided study material to obtain your license prior to your start date and earn a sign on bonus of $3,000 paid within 60 days of employment
How we position you for success:
We empower you to be the expert by providing you with extensive training, consistent support, and by rewarding you for your success through our attainable bonus structure.
- No Prospecting – As a part of the inside sales team leads are delivered directly to you
- Professional Development – Learn and advance within a Fortune 100 company
- Best-In-Class Leaders and Teams – Work alongside a team of equally ambitious and passionate colleagues, while always feeling supported and valued from the top-down
- Stable Recognizable Brand – Backing of a longstanding brand with over 90 years of experience setting out to transform the insurance industry
- Reputable Product Suite – Allstate offers a wide set of highly reputable products that everyone needs
- Respect & Appreciation – Join a team where diverse perspectives are respected and always welcome
- Enjoy a predictable work schedule that meets yours and company needs while working from the comfort of your home
- Generous PTO policy
- Being available for our customers is important to us so we operate 7 days a week, 6 a.m. – 1 a.m. CST
- Allstate will reimburse the cost to help you study for, and earn, the appropriate resident insurance sales license
- We offer 5-7 weeks of paid training, based on need
- Ongoing training opportunities for continuous improvement
You’d be a great fit if you are:
- Highly motivated and enjoys being rewarded for your efforts
- Energized by a challenge while also being able to make an impact
- Committed to doing what it takes to be successful in sales
- A strong communicator who’s passionate about helping others
- Comfortable with navigating multiple computer programs
- Hold an active Personal Lines or Property & Casualty License in your state of residence is highly preferred
- If not currently licensed, earn your Personal Lines or Property & Casualty License with Allstate’s support
- At least 1 year of sales, customer service, or related experience preferred
- Possess high stress tolerance and critical thinking skills
- Receptive to coaching and feedback
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and hold yourself accountable for your performance
- Able to navigate multiple computer programs at one time
- Reliable internet with plug-in ethernet/network cable
- Dedicated workspace in your home; Allstate will provide all the equipment
- HS Diploma or GED is required
*This position is only available within the US, but not currently available for Puerto Rico, California, New York, Alaska, or Hawaii residents
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 90 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply to Allstate. Join us and you’ll have everyday opportunities to learn, grow and shape your future while pursuing your desire to do good for others.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Generous Time Off
(Starts day 1)
*Benefits vary based on position.
Inclusive Diversity at Allstate
At Allstate we focus on establishing a culture of inclusion, not just diversity. It’s about making sure that everyone feels included and that everyone’s voice matters.