Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking to hire 32 Customer Service Reps. The Allstate Service Information Center (ASIC) Service Unlicensed job family provides an exceptional customer service experience to agents through conversations and transactions. The ASIC Customer Service Associate is responsible for handling multiple types of Property & Casualty inquiries from Allstate’s licensed agency force, Independent Agents and Licensed Sales Professionals. Service to licensed agents will include primarily inbound calls, documentation of all transaction and resolving concerns in a professional manner. The Customer Service Associate has a basic understanding of most skill types and can perform with minimal assistance.
Start Date: October 14, 2019
Shift: 10:00AM – 6:30PM
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Training Schedule: 10:00AM – 6:30PM. Training is 6 weeks with an additional 8 weeks in a Transition Team
- Resolve routine policy questions and issues for a licensed agency audience in a professional manner.
- Completes customer’s transactional requests as provided by caller.
- Employs probing questions and actively listens to customer issues or questions, showing interest and compassion and displaying empathy for the caller’s situation.
- Remain current on new marketing campaigns in order to respond appropriately to marketing related inquiries using all available resource tools.
- Ensure facilitation of first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions handled.
- Demonstrates accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided and identifies opportunities requiring a transfer to a licensed representative.
- Verify coverage for customers or verify that policy changes were made and provide evidence of insurance documents to customers where coverage previously was bound by a licensed representative.
- Ability to handle any requests regarding customer documentation (to include all documents sent out by our company) and be able to clearly explain them including any follow-ups required on our customer’s part.
- Utilize multiple systems and databases to locate information and relay the information in a clear and concise way.
- Perform math equations and calculations to determine billing scenarios.
- Researches systems, processes and prior transactions to identify the root cause of a policy specific issue.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Flexible and adaptable to business requirements (Shift and weekend work schedules)
- Intermediate to Advanced math skills required including basic sequential logics
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Basic PC aptitude including proficiency in keyboard skills
- Adaptability to sudden changes in processes
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on a team to resolve issues
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.