Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Systems Analyst (SA) Consultant provides technical leadership from project inception through rollout, creating and analyzing business and technical requirements and solution design to develop and support optimal IT solutions. The SA ensures and assists in enforcing architectural adherence and consulting and collaborating with technology and business partners.
• Provide support, and monitors production applications
• Create/maintain technical design documents, code and other artifacts for moderate to high complex projects by analyzing and tracing to requirements (business and functional) and systems architecture.
• Identify systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks and document possible mitigation strategies.
• Provide support, actively participates and manages design reviews, application design impacts between concurrent releases, and technical walkthroughs
• Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Executes and enforces best practices.
• Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validates accuracy of others’ estimates. Track the critical path across project teams and communicate the technical progress of the project
• Identifies opportunities to improve internal team processes or supported business's processes, products, or services
• Identify, develop and maintain technical process improvements and application process flows.
• Consult on the content of functional test conditions for assigned applications, projects, etc.; supports data analysis and validation from functional tests
• Resolve production issues identified in the system from a technical standpoint as part of lifecycle management projects to maintain stability of the applications.
• Assist and help manage production support activities such as incident management, problem management & expediting them to releases.
• Leverage monitoring tools and capabilities to find root cause for incident management
• Conducts basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; tracks and resolves moderate defects
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Perform application configuration and develops code for simple to intermediate modules, following documentation and development standards
• 3-5 years of IT experience
• Experience in Matter/Case Management is a plus
• Experience facilitating meetings for associates of various levels of the organization
• Ability to navigate across multiple application and technical services teams, business partners and vendors
• Detailed oriented individual with a willingness and ability to learn new concepts and work in a fast-paced environment
• Has a level of understanding of multiple areas of business knowledge to successfully meet work objectives.
• Experience working in a medium and large technology environment on projects that significantly impact business operations
• Demonstrates the ability to resolve difficult problems and implement solutions that may go beyond the scope of initial client or user complaint.
• Possesses the ability to openly support and embrace change, approach change in a factual manner.
• Proficient in solution design, configuration, creating requirement documentation and process diagrams
• Experience in Waterfall and Agile project management methodology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent people skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.