Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Arity Platform Product Management team is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the products in Arity’s growing and revolutionary product portfolio. Product managers are responsible for making sure that our teams are building the right thing and they do accomplish this by understanding customer needs, conducting data driven analyses and ensuring team alignment to Arity coprorate objectives. Product managers work collaboratively with their development teams and cross functional stakeholders to deliver and manage their respective digital products.
The Group Product Manager – Arity Platform is responsible for a team of product managers that define, deliver, and manage the lifecycle of multiple products or capabilities in the Arity Platform. Group Product Managers do this by managing the strategic product portfolio vision and providing portfolio oversight related to execution to ensure that our platform teams are building the right solution(s), that everything comes together “just right” and that we are on track to achieve organizational objectives. They also accomplish this by actively coaching and mentoring product managers to ensure that they are thinking critically, gaining empathy for their users and growing in their roles. Because of this senior responsibility, Group Product Managers must be excellent coaches; proficient at orchestrating efforts across a portfolio; and experts at breaking down problems, identifying assumptions, and executing product discovery techniques.
• Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in the Arity Platform product portfolio.
• Use customer feedback, market analysis, and data driven decision making to define and execute product strategy.
• Engage in hypothesis generation and discovery/test & learn activities to validate assumptions and determine product investments.
• Invest significant time in coaching product managers, testing critical thinking skills and helping them to grow in their craft (this includes performance management).
• Use metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
• Easily manage product backlogs, create effective user stories and provide timely stakeholder updates on development iterations.
• Champion iterative development and the successful execution of agile rituals to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
• Partner with Product Marketing Managers to develop and execute internal and external communications related to your product and/or portfolio.
• 8+ years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial with experience shipping modern software, preferably in a SaaS, IoT, Analytics, Advertising or Mobility company
• Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
• Experience working with products that included large datasets, data streams and/or real time location data preferred
• Understanding of and experience working in an Agile environment (we use Agile XP)
• Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and address with innovative solutions
• Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a broad range of stakeholders
• Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
• Undergraduate or Masters degree in engineering, science, or business, with related work experience developing modern software platforms
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.