Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Arity Competitive Intelligence team serves as a strategic partner in designing, developing, analyzing, and distributing intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and customers for short and long term business goals and results. Individuals in this job family focus on competitor and market intelligence related to next generation insurance solutions, connected consumer, and business applications, and the internet of things.
The Competitive and Market Intelligence Analyst is responsible for tracking the activities of the overall connected car market, including insurance and non-insurance competitors, products and platforms. The individual will provide competitive and industry activity updates, including threat and opportunity assessments. This individual will also support the development of new plans, programs, processes or products through findings and fact based interpretation of competitive intelligence related to product development research and connected technologies.
- Builds relationships with product managers and leadership to understand their needs
- Maintains competitive intel research tool box providing education and awareness of information to the right group
- Proactively leverages the team’s social blog and other team databases for internal communication and sharing of information that’s easily accessible
- Networks internally and externally developing a database of contacts for research purposes
Competitive Intelligence Scanning
- Continuously identifies and communicates trends, competitive forces, competitor strategies and business models
- Categorizes and translates findings into basic recommendations that inform operational, tactical, innovative and strategic business decisions
- Develops business recommendations based on Scan findings
- Utilizes and identifies primary sources to validate or provide needed insight to secondary research finding
- Gathers competitive intelligence to develop research and recommendation packages, and interpret implications pertinent to the strategy of the Arity Organization.
- Develops and maintains subject matter expertise in specific Arity competitors and shares knowledge with internal customers
- Develops and maintains deliverables that inform decision-makers about Arity competitors
- Maintain and communicate a high set of competitive intelligence ethical standards, ensuring that all competitive intelligence is gathered from the appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies
- Follows and is an ambassador to Competitive Intelligence best practices
Research and Analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency is described as the ability to utilize the tools and CI techniques independently. May need assistance interpreting results and commenting on implications of CI research.
- Performs basic to moderately complex data analysis and reviews analysis from others
- Perform intermediate competitive analysis and the analysis of unstructured problems; collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define the underlying business issue
- Apply a proficient level of knowledge in competitive intelligence research, analysis and industry trends.
- Develops an intermediate level of analytical recommendations
- Assemble typical research data and findings for others to interpret into business strategies; may present findings to various audiences
- Execute industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness
- Under minimal supervision, manage/perform multiple intermediate and some unique work assignments
- Develop basic business recommendations, presents and communicates findings to peers and various levels of management leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data
- Acquire and develop intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and intermediate knowledge of competitive intelligence research and analytic methodologies
- Participate in competitive intelligence projects and processes
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience, with intermediate research and analysis experience, intermediate experience in qualitative research and competitive analysis/intelligence and basic knowledge of data analysis.
- Intermediate project/process management and development
- Intermediate knowledge in using analytic tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of synthesis and storytelling as it relates to key competitive insights
- Intermediate critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant industry techniques (i.e. SWOT, scenario planning, etc)
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of usage based insurance and emerging trends in the connected car space
- Intermediate ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Intermediate communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Proficient at working with competitive intelligence end-users to understand their needs and perspectives
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.