Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Lead Data Business Analyst provides enterprise and project-level information analysis support that produces consistent, accurate, and complete information requirements that enhances the analytic and reporting lifecycle throughout the enterprise. In support of the analytic and reporting lifecycle, this position will create data definitions that follow established standards and guidelines, develop and manage the logical and physical views of data that are consistent with the business objectives, and provide consulting on new developments within the business intelligence space.
- Work with business users to understand their business functions and processes in order to help them define analytic and reporting requirements, including data and metadata requirements for their systems that are complete and unambiguous.
- Lead, plan and consult on information gathering sessions.
- Construct and execute complex SQL queries to verify business data rules and fit-for-use status of data under analysis.
- Analyze and determine scope and volumetric parameters that dictate data profiling activity.
- Create and maintain complex logical (conceptual, relational, subject-level and dimensional) data models and other metadata deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality across multiple business areas of responsibility.
- Function as subject matter expert (SME) for data modeling concepts and data modeling tool capabilities.
- Identify and incorporate required database performance objectives into established physical data models as part of data analysis and related specification process across multiple business areas of responsibility.
- Audit the accuracy and currency between physical and logical data models as reflected in the metadata repository across all business areas of responsibility.
- Maintains understanding of software industry and provides direction for future solutions.
- Review and validate accuracy of other's estimates.
- Take a lead role in the development of an approach to data management across all areas of the business.
- Develop tools and processes required to help drive data management processes.
- Effectively state the impact of pending projects on existing structures across multiple business areas.
- Lead discussions to establish common definitions for data across all business functions in their areas of responsibility.
- Assist with ideation, project initiation or planning for projects of high complexity.
- Create the technical requirements for the most complex projects by reviewing, understanding, and analyzing business and functional requirements.
- Guide and direct the design deliverables of other systems analysts and developers.
- Ability to work in Warehouse environment
- Participate in enterprise driven roadmap activities around database, BI and reporting
- Create roadmap after understanding business requirements at large and enterprise roadmaps (AFT)
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: SQL, Python or SCALA
- Experience with data analysis and familiarity with data quality and data quality methods
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem and file structures
- AWS experience is a plus
- Experience working on Agile SCRUM teams is a plus
- College Degree with EIS or MIS classes or prior experience
- Prior experience in database modeling classes, MIS or EIS, system support, analytics, statistics
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.