Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing team that develops and enhances our web presence. Your team will consist of content strategists, designers, product managers, and marketers. We move quickly, celebrate our failures, and try to avoid long, boring meetings.
In this role you will be empowered to turn our vision for our websites from designs into reality using our CMS (Drupal, Wordpress).
You will develop code all day, every day on a full stack cloud platform, leveraging test-driven development and continuous delivery. We’ll need your expertise to guide us on best practices for developing a robust pipeline, help choose the best plug-ins, and experiment with new solutions to challenges.
• You love to code and you’re willing to fail fast and iterate to success.
• You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
• You play well with others and have well developed communications skills. You’re going to be a part of a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team.
• You have experience and/or genuine interest in agile methodologies. If you are not interested in truly living in this world, it’s not going to work out.
• You are great at PHP and hopefully more languages as well.
• You have experience building on CMS platforms, preferably Drupal and Wordpress.
• You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models and distributed systems.
• 2-5 years of front end web development experience using PHP
• Experience managing websites built on CMS platforms, Drupal preferred
• Experience designing iteratively – in many cases you will not receive a full spec and will need to feel comfortable thinking things through, filling in the blanks and iterating across sprints as we receive feedback from customer interactions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.