For the first time, Allstate’s Enterprise Diversity Leadership Council has been named on the DiversityInc Top Companies for Executive Diversity Councils list.
We’re honored to be recognized for our commitment to building an inclusive workforce and for creating positive change. Allstate’s Enterprise Diversity Leadership Council (EDLC) is a committee of senior leaders representing the enterprise to advance inclusive diversity at Allstate.
- Identifying and prioritizing actions: The EDLC was a catalyst for the creation of inclusive diversity commitments to increase visible leadership commitment and accountability.
- Taking accountability for achieving target results: The EDLC ensures inclusive diversity commitments are integrated into business objectives.
- Ensuring clarity and understanding of the business relevance of inclusive diversity: Many best practices have emerged, including integrating communication of commitments with other business priorities; assigning officer sponsors to individual commitments; incorporating commitments into department goals; and ensuring Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are integrated and applied in the context of business priorities.
More recently, the Inclusive Diversity team along with leaders and partners throughout the organization have committed to several new work streams to better support Allstaters as we work to address systemic racism. They have:
- Launched an Anti-Racism Resource Center and created an Inclusive Diversity toolkit to help increase knowledge, awareness and build dialogue.
- Delivered a virtual inclusive conversation session with EDLC members and ERG Executive Sponsors to address current racial tensions. Offering ongoing series on an enterprise level and across departments, building off themes of racial inequality, allyship, privilege, systemic racism and other relevant topics.
- Partnered with Employee Resource Groups to offer additional support for marginalized groups, including employee listening series, as well as built resiliency plans for those struggling with mental health issues due to racial trauma, PTSD and COVID-19.
- Celebrated Juneteenth as a company holiday and provided educational resources.
At Allstate, we’ve made inclusive diversity a priority at every level of Allstate. We strive to create an inclusive environment where a diverse workforce can thrive and our business benefits from the diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that can enhance innovation, employee engagement and productivity. Interested in joining the team? Search for open positions today.